Have an emergency? Dial 111

Ministry of Social Development – 1 Week Motel Stay

About this service

If you’ve tried everything and had no luck with other emergency housing providers, The Ministry of Social Development may pay for you to stay in a hostel or motel for up to 7 days.

You will need to show Work and Income that you have tried other emergency accommodation providers and have a written quote from the motel. Call the Ministry of Social Development at the number listed for more information.

*Remember, this is only for 7 days. If you stay longer, you will have to pay WINZ back for every extra night at standard motel rates.

Services at this location

  • Emergency accommodation

Contact Information

Phone number(s)

0800 559 009