If you’ve tried everything and had no luck with other emergency housing providers, The Ministry of Social Development may pay for you to stay in a hostel or motel for up to 7 days*. You will need to show Work and Income that you have tried other emergency accommodation providers and have a written quote from the motel.

*Remember, this is only for 7 days. If you stay longer, you will have to pay WINZ back for every extra night at standard motel rates.