About this service
Budgeting & Family Support Services based in Mangere, South Auckland provides support to the Mangere community and right across South Auckland as well as raising the issues affecting low-income families/whanau right across Aotearoa. We provide a wide range of innovative and quality focused services. An incorporated society registered under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957, established more than 20 years ago.
Budgeting & Family Support Services has a base of solid values, and continues to be committed to being flexible and responsive in meeting the needs in appropriate areas of our communities.
Our Trust was established to provide Free, Confidential, Help and Advice to families/whanau and individuals experiencing financial hardship, difficulties managing their debt and also other social issues which impact on the household.
Our aim is for our whanau to become self-empowered so as to self manage their own financial affairs and create brighter futures for their children/tamariki.
Our services are free of charge to families/whanau and individuals however a fee does apply to business owners wanting to access our support for their employees.
We work in partnership with our clients and their families/whanau and also with community groups, NGO’s, Government and Non-Government agencies to promote multicultural relationships that reflect the diversity, culture and ethnicity in New Zealand/Aotearoa.
We are welcoming of all ethnicities and diversities as we deliver a range of free and confidential social services to families/whanau and individuals:
- One on One Budget Advice Support
- Budget Planning and Financial Plans
- Negotiations with Creditors
- Advocacy with Government and Non-Government agencies
- Financial Literacy / Educational Budgeting Seminars
- Housing Advocacy
- Family and Individual Counselling
- Strengthening Families Programme – (Lead Agency – Mangere)
- Food Parcels for families and individuals in need (strict criteria applies)
- Access to quality second-hand clothing
- Access to Furniture Bank
- Cooking Classes “How to cook on a tight budget”
- Freephone Budgeting helpline: 0508 22 22 83 or 0508 ABC Budget (we on-refer the caller to their nearest Budgeting and Social Service provider anywhere within New Zealand).