About this service
BAMA is a free service in Mt Albert for beneficiaries, superannuitants and low income persons and their families who need expert and independent help, information and advocacy support. The service is open for 10 hours a week and is based in Mt Albert. We can provide some support directly by email or phone but we can see people only BY APPOINTMENT, so please leave a message for BAMA by phone or email, and the Advocate will arrange an appointment time.
what can BAMA do for me?:
- Assess the financial assistance you would be eligible for from Work & Income NZ (WINZ), if you are not yet a beneficiary.
- Clarify for you how your benefit is made up.
- Check that you are receiving all the assistance you are eligible for.
- Accompany you to a WINZ appointment if you feel you would like the support of an independent advocate.
- Assist you with filling in your WINZ Application or Review of Decision form
Services at this location
- Financial Assistance
- Life Skills