About this service
ADIO distributes clean injecting equipment and collects and safely disposes of used needles.
The safe disposal of injecting equipment is critical in protecting the wider community from the spread of blood borne viruses through needle stick injury from discarded needles and syringes.
We provide a range of equipment for exchange or purchase, including:
- Standard one-use syringes – in a range of sizes and gauges.
- Filters – to remove objects and bacteria from drug solutions.
- Sterile Water – to avoid bacteria in drug solutions.
- Alcohol swabs – for cleaning of injection sites, spoons and surfaces.
- Condoms and lube – for safer sex practices.
We have three centres:
ADIO central city 10 East St Newton Auckland City
PO Box 68-134, Newton, Auckland
Weekdays 10am – 7pm, Weekends 11am – 3pm
phone: 09 356 7373
ADIO South Auckland Unit 605D Great South Rd Manukau
OPEN: MON- Fri 10am – 7pm . SAT- SUN 11am – 3pm
Ph: 09 263 0344
ADIO West Auckland Unit 5B, 64 Henderson Valley Road Henderson
OPEN: MON – FRI 10am – 7pm SAT 10am – 2pm
Ph: 09 822 5160
Services at this location
- Needle exchange